One of the best ways to keep Sunbrella fabrics looking good and to delay deep or vigorous cleaning is to properly maintain the fabrics. This can be accomplished by simply brushing off dirt before it becomes embedded in the fabrics, wiping up spills as soon as they occur or spot cleaning soon after stains occur.
Keeping Sunbrella fabric looking its best is simple and easy.
- Use a sponge or soft brush to apply mild soap and warm water to the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Air dry.
For stubborn stains and mildew:
- Prepare a solution of 1 cup of bleach and 1/4 cup mild soap per gallon of clean water.
- Allow mixture to soak into fabric for up to 15 minutes.
- Clean with soft bristle brush. (Note: This step should be avoided when cleaning the coated side (Back side) of Sunbrella Plus, Supreme, or Clarity.
- Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed.
- Air dry.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Re-treatment of fabric for water and stain resistance will be necessary after using bleach solution.
Always rinse thoroughly. Bleach won't harm Sunbrella fabric, but it could damage clothing if not rinsed away.
Sunbrella fabric air dries very quickly. Machine drying is unnecessary and high heat may damage the fabric.