Security roller shutters can provide peace of mind whether you are installing them for your home or business. These shutters provide protection from a number of hazards, including storms, break-ins, and vandalism. They are made to order so that they fit perfectly into any space you have in mind.
Security Shutter Benefits
Security shutters can be made to fit large spaces or small and depending on the type you choose, provide various other benefits as well. The following are some of the most common benefits of and uses for security shutters.
- Security – Let’s start with the obvious; they are called security shutters for a reason. They help protect your property against break-ins and vandalism as well as from harsh storms that may potentially break a window or cause other damage.
- Insulation – In addition to providing you with added security, insulated shutters also help to maintain temperature levels and may even end up saving you money on your utility bills. Insulated shutters have polyurethane cores and therefore help to reduce heat loss.
- Light reduction – Roller shutters are a great option when you want to eliminate light completely. For example, shift workers may have difficulty sleeping during the day because of too much light flooding into the home from the outside. Using roller shutters might just allow you to get a better sleep in between shifts.
- Noise reduction – Just like they block out the light, roller shutters can also block out a significant amount of outside noise.
- Cottage closures – When people think of roller shutters, they typically think about getting them for their home or business. But security roller shutters are also excellent for cottages, helping to keep them safe and secure during the off season. No more wondering if your cottage windows survived that last winter storm!
Security Shutter Options
At Jans Awnings, we provide our customers with a number of security shutter options. For smaller windows and openings, we offer shutters that have smaller slat sizes, meaning they can roll up neatly into a compact box. For larger windows or openings, we recommend shutters that have larger slats and provide full coverage of large windows and/or openings.
Various colours and coatings are available so that shutters can be matched to existing window frames. This means your shutters are not merely utilitarian, but they will look great on your home, business or cottage as well!
Jans Awning Products offers security shutters from some of the top manufacturers. These are custom orders so that you are able to choose the exact features that you need.
If you are considering security roller shutters for your home or business, we would love to help. Contact Jans Awnings today for more information.