Burlington residents love spending time outdoors in the backyard enjoying a refreshing beverage, time with friends, or simply chilling with a good book. But harsh sun or rain can have you quickly headed back inside if your outdoor space does not offer adequate shelter.
While there are a number of solutions to this problem, one of the most exciting options to hit the market in recent years are louvered roof systems. The Bavona system is an elegant addition to any Burlington outdoor space, and it gives you the flexibility that you simply don’t get with traditional pergolas.
What is a louvered roof?
Put simply, a louvered roof is a form of outdoor shelter that has slats or shades that can be opened or closed at various angles. In recent years, these systems have become popular additions to decks and patios, but they can also be used to cover pools, hot tubs and garden areas. They can even be worked into existing pergola structures if you find that your current system is not providing enough shade. Other names for these systems include adjustable patio cover, opening roof, and motorized pergola.
Unlike awnings, which can only be either open or closed, louvered roofs opened or closed at various angles so that they let in just the right amount of sun. These roofs can also keep out the rain and reduce the wind.
Benefits of louvered roofs
There are many reasons why more and more Burlington homeowners are choosing louvered roof systems like the Bavona. A few of the benefits include:
- Shade – by far the most common reason for choosing a louvered roof is to add shade to your outdoor space. Not only do these systems help to protect your eyes on bright days, but they can also extend the life of your patio furniture, grills, etc. which might deteriorate over time with constant exposure to UV rays.
- Temperature control – this goes with shade but is worth its own mention since these roofs also help to control the airflow in the space, meaning it will be easier to keep your space at a comfortable temperature.
- Privacy – if your deck or patio is at the ground level, then a louvered roof can help provide you with privacy by blocking the view of nosy neighbours who might be watching out their second-floor window.
- Low maintenance – Made from durable aluminum, these systems are far less maintenance than traditional pergolas.
- Visual appeal – The Bavona louvered roof system is sleek and modern looking. For Burlington homeowners who are seeking modern elegance, this system may be the ideal addition to their outdoor space.
- Ease of use – Like other shade systems we offer here at Jans Awnings, louvered roofs use the latest technology to open and close the shades. Automated control means that you can find the right level of comfort at the touch of a button.
Contact Jans Awning Products today
Are you considering a louvered roof system for your Burlington home? If so, we can help. Contact Jans Awnings today to speak with a member of our team.